MailChimp is probably the most popular email marketing tools out there, and rightly so. Not only does it have beautiful templates, it has some powerful features that can catapult the average small business into Enterprise-techonology land, while keeping being mindful of a SME’s relatively modest budget.
However, MailChimp does have some strong competition from other email marketing tools. Some are just more affordable, while others offer features for free that MailChimp reserves for big spenders. Here’s our list of 7 MailChimp Alternatives for you to try:
An example email from Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact is great if you’re a step above beginner level when it comes to email marketing and your social media efforts are concentrated on FaceBook. Constant Contact offers more than 400 customizable email templates, if you know a little HTML and CSS you can customize the templates even further. The best part is that autoresponders are a free feature. Constant Contact goes beyond just email marketing and has customizable FaceBook promotions landing pages which means your FaceBook fans can subscribe directly to your mailing lists through your FaceBook promotions. Metrics and reporting are solid, and they have a deliverability rate of 97%, which is great news for those of you who want to avoid being dropped into spam folders. Constant Contact customers say that their support is second to none.
- AWeber is all about email automation. It’s a great tool if you like customizable templates and free autoresponder features. An interesting add-on to the autoresponder feature is the “Legacy Follow Up Messages”. This feature essentially allows you to send a series of trigger emails to new subscribers. There is also a “Campaigns” feature which allows you to tailor auto-responders by adding tags, you can also specify wait times. You can track where you subscribers are in your autoresponder flow, and which point causes the most unsubscribes. With this knowledge, you can then tweak your emails. AWeber offers strong customer support and has extensive online help services if you get stuck.
- Emmais known for its simplicity and ease of use. Metrics for your campaigns are shown right on the dashboard. You can design new automated email campaigns using their templates. Once you have designed your campaign, you simply pick a segment and drag and drop the emails into the segment. The emails will be automatically sent to subscribers that meet your pre)defined criteria. Emma has some powerful integrations including SalesForce, Shopify, SurveyMonkey and PieSync!
- sendinblue is an affordable email marketing tool that requires zero design skills, because you can use one of their many templates. You can send automated emails, segment your subscribers, use autoresponders and even track campaigns using powerful reporting features. Did I mention it’s really cheap?
- Campaign Monitor- Designer alert! This email marketing tool is made for and by designers. So of course, you can expect beautifully designed templates. If you want to code your own emails they have a resource centre that teaches you to code. Not only that you can personalize emails and then track and report on your email campaigns performance. The biggest bonus is that it integrates with over 250 apps! And you can also sync Campaign Monitor contacts using PieSync.
- MailPoet is a great Wordpress plug-in lets you send newsletters, autoresponders, and notifications through the Admin on the Wordpress site. It’s intuitive on-site editor allows you to drop your WordPress posts and images directly into the email. MailPoet is also one of the most wallet-friendly email marketing tools out there. For a small price, you can send unlimited subscribers, unlimited emails every month.
- Charley.io- These guys have set themselves up as a direct competitor to MailChimp and are doing their upmost to outshine them. Their free forever account allows you to send 15k emails a month. They also don’t impose arbitrary limits on your list size. If you upgrade to one of their Premium paid accounts you gain access to features such as Recycler, SmartSend, automatic list cleansing and more.
That’s it! I hope you discovered a new email marketing tool and if you have any favorites that I’ve missed, please drop me a line!
An example email from Emma