7 Tips For 100% Email Delivery. Every time.
Want to hit 100% email delivery for every email marketing campaign? Then make sure you have a clean data policy in place!Sure that sounds a bit boring, but let me tell you, it’s absolutely essential if you want to hit your email marketing targets and generate more leads.
Email Delivery Tips
Here are 7 quick clean data tips:
- Use a double opt-in. A mailing list is useless if it is nothing more than a rag-tag collection of uninterested prospects. You can’t even call them prospects because they’re not interested. The double opt-in makes sure that the people who sign up to your list are qualified leads.
- Don’t buy lists. This goes back to the first point. You want an email list with qualified contacts, you can’t buy this.
- Delete bounced email addresses – these emails will never, ever, ever be delivered. Get rid of them.
- Make sure you validate email addresses using a validation tool such as Email Verifier. Because while we know email@example.com is probably not a real email address, jane.goodo@ABCaccounting.com might be real.
- Check for duplicates – 51% of companies have problems with duplicate data. It could be that you input a prospect in as “Sue” and your colleague input the same prospect in the system as “Susan”. The best way to avoid duplicate data is to make a commitment to consistent data entry standards and invest in data integration systems across your business apps.
- Integrate your contacts - If you’re working in different platforms, such as your CRM and an email marketing platform and they’re not integrated, then you’re working in the dreaded data silos. Avoid this by using native integrations or using PieSync to sync the contact data between the two.
- Email marketing is constantly evolving, so it’s a good idea to keep up-to-date on email marketing best practices , this can be by reading blogs that have the latest news for email marketing, or by taking a course like the HubSpot Email Marketing Certification, to stay ahead of industry trends.
That’s it! If you have any other tips, feel free to leave a comment and we’ll add them to the blog.You might also like to read: Get your Emails read: Cold Email tips.