We’ve got some exciting news to announce today - we’re rolling out a double-whammy upgrade: custom fields and customizable field mapping! This means you can now sync all of your contact information between your favorite cloud apps, two-way and in real-time.The roll out begins with major apps such as Desk.com, Insightly, Podio, Zendesk, Nimble, and many more!
New @PieSync enhancements allow you to customize field mapping between your business cloud apps. Tweet This
This feat was pulled off by our team of dedicated, super-extraordinary developers, who worked solidly for an entire year on this one feature. A huge round of applause to the team!Many of you have been waiting for this update, if you’ve already got an account - login to your dashboard and follow the prompts.Custom Fields and Customizable Field Mapping is automatically available for everyone on the Medium plan and above. As a special Launch Action - we’re offering custom fields and customizable field mapping to everyone on micro/small plans for a period of three months. If you’re on a small or micro plan, you’ll be able to test drive custom fields and customizable field mapping by upgrading to a Medium plan. You will only be charged your original fee for a period of up to 3 months. If you like it, then keep the Medium plan going. If it’s not really your thing, downgrade back to your original plan, no extra charge.No account? No problem! Hurry to our sign-up page and start a free 14-day trial.
Wait, what’s custom fields?
A custom field is a field that’s not standard to the app, it’s usually a field that you’ve created yourself. Let’s say you use the CRM Pipedrive, and you’ve created a custom field called “Number of Houses Owned”. That’s a custom field, because it is not a standard field that comes with the Pipedrive package, and you (or someone in your company) has created it to fulfill a specific purpose. Up until now, PieSync could only sync standard fields that are common across all apps, such as Name and Email. While this was great, and has certainly saved businesses loads of time with data entry and import/export operations, it wasn’t yet a complete sync operation.Our mission is to sync the internet. So with this goal in mind we wanted to do better. We wanted to sync all of your hard-won information, including things like twitter handles, lead statuses, and company names.
What’s Customizable Field Mapping?
Our new feature will allow you to create customizable field mappings. Customizable field mappings let you define which fields you want to keep in sync between your apps. You’re in complete control of the custom mapping. You can map standard fields found in the app (if they aren’t mapped by default), or you can map the custom fields that you have created yourself.
Three Examples of Customizable Field Mapping
- Custom mapping of standard fields: When syncing Desk.com with Hubspot, you can map the “Facebook User” Desk.com field to the “Facebook ID” Hubspot field. Keeping track of social media accounts is useful for marketing and sales initiatives, and it also helps your customer success team keep in touch with your customers.
- Custom mapping between a standard field to a custom field: Let’s say you want to sync Hubspot with Mailchimp. You can map the standard field in HubSpot “Industry” to a field you created in MailChimp called “HubSpot Industry”. You can then send highly-targeted emails to your customers based on their industry.
- Custom Mapping of Custom Fields:
For example, you can sync Pipedrive with Mailchimp using two custom fields. You can custom map the “Number of Houses Owned” custom field you created in Pipedrive to the “Number of houses” custom field you created in Mailchimp. This will be synced to your Mailchimp list, and you can then filter based on the segment (the custom field) and create a drip email campaign targeted to your audience.
The LimitationsThe possibilities are almost endless. “Almost?” you ask. Yes, almost. Like all good things, there are some limitations.
- Fields in a custom mapping must have a similar type. For example, we can’t sync a date field to a numeric field. But you don’t have to guess which fields you can sync. We made it easy for you! When you select a field to be mapped, the corresponding list will grey-out the fields that can’t be mapped.
- There are some types of fields we aren’t technically able to sync. Fields that we don’t support are not shown in the list of fields you can sync, when you’re creating a custom mapping.
- We don’t sync fields that are lists, like interests or tags. Standard fields and custom fields that are lists of things will be marked in grey (or not shown) when creating a mapping.
- Each field can only be mapped once.
- Fields that are in the built-in mappings, cannot be used in the custom mappings.
- Syncs will not always be two-way for custom mappings. You can refer to the section “Are custom mappings always two-way?” in the help article.
Field Mapping VisualizationAnother great new feature is that you can now see which fields are being mapped. This includes default fields and custom fields. You’ll know which information is being synced. Here is what it looks like:
What are the benefits of syncing my data?Save time on data entry PieSync syncs all your contacts bidirectionally across your favorite cloud apps, so you only have to enter customer data once. On average our users save 25 hours per month on contact management. Reduce Manual Errors Because you only have to enter your data once, you’ll dramatically decrease manual errors. How’s that for clean data? No more import/export of your contacts Most cloud apps work with import/export functions, which means you have to periodically remember to update your cloud apps with new data. With PieSync, you no longer have to manually import/export your data. PieSync automatically transfers your data, and any updates you make, in real time, across all your connected cloud apps. One database across all your cloud apps Instead of working in data silos, PieSync syncs all your customer data together. Which means your team can work from the same transparent database, in real time. Share accurate customer information across your marketing, sales and customer service platforms. Are your marketing, sales and customer service teams working from separate platforms in data silos? PieSync can sync your marketing, sales and customer care platforms together, so your teams can have a 360° overview on every customer at all times. You’ll turn the average customer into brand advocates in no time. No download or installation. Easy setup PieSync is easy to set up and requires no coding.Sign-up today and test drive Custom Fields and Customizable Field Mapping - the powerful new feature which gives you unprecedented control over your sync-operations.
If you’d like more information, check out our help desk.