Good news: PieSync allows you to do just that. We help you create an intelligent connection between CapsuleCRM and Mailchimp… and nearly 200 other cloud-based apps in real time.
- Doesn’t CapsuleCRM already have a built-in integration?
- How can PieSync help?
- Let’s get started!
- What are filters and actions?
- How can I follow my sync?
Doesn’t CapsuleCRM already have a built-in integration?
Capsule CRM already offers a built-in integration with Mailchimp. However, it can only accomplish so much. This integration has some limitations:
- You push data only from CapsuleCRM into Mailchimp, so the integration works one-way. Crucially, you cannot sync new or existing subscribers that you collect or have collected through Mailchimp’s landing pages into CapsuleCRM! You could use a CSV to move contacts into Capsule, but we at PieSync aren’t big fans of this process as it has some disadvantages.
- Another downside this integration doesn’t allow you to sync into Mailchimp’s custom fields. In addition, it doesn’t yet manage Mailchimp’s tags, reverting to “groups” instead.
How can PieSync help?
First of all, PieSync offers a two-way sync between Mailchimp and CapsuleCRM. Also, unlike Capsule’s built-in integration, PieSync will check several things prior to moving contacts from one side to the other:
- Who is in the CapsuleCRM database?
- Who is on which Mailchimp list?
- Who is in both apps?
- Who should be subscribed? Who shouldn’t be subscribed at all?
This scan is needed so the sync can also act on historical data. Then, according to the sync rules you specify, PieSync will truly match up your CapsuleCRM’s database with the lists in Mailchimp.
Furthermore, your contacts will evolve constantly: their information changes all the time.
“PieSync will update both databases when you have a new subscriber in either system, and it will constantly check for updates to overwrite the information whenever a change is made.”
Every contact that you add or edit that matches your filters will get synced in no more than 5 minutes. This means you won’t have to worry about manually importing or exporting data ever again, and forget about having duplicates or outdated information!
Let’s get started!
Setting up a sync between CapsuleCRM and Mailchimp is super easy!
A popup will open inside PieSync, so just log in to both platforms respectively. This will bring you to the sync setup, where you can leave everything in its default settings or create some custom syncs. The default setting of a sync is always a two-way sync. This means that you allow PieSync to transfer changes you make to contacts in Mailchimp as well as in CapsuleCRM.
We recommend you keep this two-way setting. Make sure you understand the two rules that you start off with by default:
- All contacts in CapsuleCRM will go into Mailchimp, so that may include personal contacts.
- All contacts in Mailchimp will go into CapsuleCRM, so you might make this sync very heavy depending on your database.
To avoid unwanted scenarios, you can apply filters or switch off any of these two rules if they don’t fit your workflow.
What are filters and actions?
Filters and actions allow you to really customize your sync settings. For example:
Contacts with the tag ‘Newsletter’ in Capsule are matched up to the group ‘Subscriber’ in Mailchimp. This is assuming you are keeping track of whether or not someone opted in to your newsletter through a tag on the contact. So not only will they sync into Mailchimp, the tag in Capsule will link the subscriber to a specific group in Capsule. Want to give them a tag rather than a group? PieSync supports that too.
You will also have the option to consider your rule in the other way around. As you can see, these ‘if-then’ rules are very easy to create and can be anything you like, so there are endless possibilities!
Another example, which is very useful for European audiences, is to customize your syncs for GDPR compliance. As your signup forms include different GDPR boxes, you can start capturing these in your sync to have them update a tag or a custom field in CapsuleCRM. The opposite is true as well - if you happen to capture a GDPR opt-in through a different system, you can have PieSync set up the permission properly for your subscribers in Mailchimp.
How can I follow my sync?
You can follow the progress of your sync on your dashboard as shown below - you can see contacts being created on both sides, where updates are happening, and you can pause the sync at any time.
We hope you’re all set now! If you have any questions, please reach out to us at our help center!