iPhone CRM Sync
Firstly, make sure you’ve got Google Contacts on your iPhone. You don’t? Check out this help articleon how to setup Google Contacts on your iPhone.Then go to you settings and make sure you make your “default account” to Gmail, as seen in the screenshot below. This ensures that new contacts are added to Google Contacts and synced to your CRM.
Once you’ve set up Google Contacts on your iPhone, sign up to PieSync, and set up a sync between your CRM and Google Contacts. However only contacts in the ‘My Contacts’ folder in Google Contacts, will be synced to your iPhone. So not your “Other Contacts” (did I say the word ‘Contacts’ enough? Contacts.). Don’t know the difference? Let me explain, “My Contacts” are all the contacts you manually added or were added by an app that you connected to your Google account. “Other Contacts” are all the contacts you’ve had contact with via email but haven’t added to your Contact list. You will likely have Other Contacts listed if you haven’t turned off the default Gmail setting to auto-create contacts of the people you send email to. Here’s what it looks like in the desktop version: Here’s what it looks like in the desktop version: In the desktop version, you can manually move the “Other Contacts” to “My Contacts” by selecting them and clicking the “Add to My Contacts” button just above the list. Or you can let PieSync do it for you when you set up the sync. Simply create a filter for the ‘Other Contacts’ by checking the box next to “Additionally sync to the ‘My Contacts’ group”: Hit “Start Syncing”Your sync is now set up so every contact you add, delete or update in one app will now be automatically updated in the other.
You can also:
- If you don’t want a bi-directional sync, you can choose a one-way sync.
- Set filters and select which contacts are going to be synced and where.
- Share contact data with your entire team
- Add, delete, update or view data while on the go.
- View the caller ID of your CRM contacts on your phone.
- Avoid duplicates by merging contact data. Click here to find out how.
- Set up email marketing campaigns for your Google Contacts using MailChimp. Want to make your job even easier? Set up these three apps with your Google Contacts, and you’ll dramatically reduce data entry.You’re now ready to input and access contact details from your CRM anytime, anywhere.Not yet a PieSync user? You can sign up for a FREE 14-day trial:
Want some more handy hints on how to use Google Contacts? Download our free ebook “ The Ultimate Guide to Google Contacts.“