Advanced filtering now gives you the ability to add multiple rules so you can sync very specific contacts and keep them categorized in the process.
Let’s have a look at the possibilities advanced filtering offers:
PieSync users who do not need a second rule, don’t see any difference except for one extra sentence in the dashboard, giving them the ability to add another rule at any time (see screenshot below). You can set very specific filters to make sure every contact is synced to the right location in your CRM, marketing app or Google account. I’ll use Capsule CRM and Google as an example, but this also works with BigContacts, FollowUpBoss, Highrise, Nimble, OnePage CRM, Pipedrive, Podio, Salesforce, Workbooks, ActiveCampaign, and MailChimp. You can sync:
- the Google group ‘Leads’ to the CRM tag ‘Leads’ and
- the Google group ‘Prospects’ to the CRM tag ‘Prospects’ and
- the Google group ‘Customers’ to the CRM tag ‘Customers’.
Now you’ll find all your contacts categorized in both Google (in different groups) and your CRM (holding a different tag). Each contact that is added to that Google group will get that CRM tag and vice versa: new CRM contacts with one of those tags will be added to that specific Google group (see screenshot below).
Let’s do this! This is how you get started:STEP 1 : PieSync users can log in and go to the dashboard of your connection. Not using PieSync yet? No problem, you can start a free trial right here to try out this powerful new feature (no credit card required). STEP 2 : Click “Add add another rule”. You will see two other fields to fill in and the sync direction arrow will move to the top, since this applies to the entire connection, not the rules separately: STEP 3 : Set a filter on both sides. Using the example above, it looks like this:
Things to keep in mind:
- As mentioned above, your sync direction applies to the entire connection , not the rules separately. You can always change your sync directions for all your rules at once, as you can see in the screenshots above.
- If you want to delete a rule , simply click the X on the right of the rule and confirm your action.
- Setting multiple filters is only possible on the Medium and Large plan. Not on a Medium or Large plan? You can upgrade on your billing page to fully enjoy this feature. And since we’re in such a celebratory mood we’re offering a 50% discount for 3 months on those plans. You can find the instructions to receive the discount on page 10 of our free e-book: The Ultimate Guide to Google Contacts.