The Zoho CRM and MailChimp integration is one of our most popular syncs. Businesses that use this sync notice an increase in productivity because they no longer have to manually keep email lists up to date in either app. It is also easier to implement email marketing campaigns knowing that all your subscriber information is up to date.
Correct subscriber information is paramount these days, with strict data protection laws such as GDPR. You don’t want to be hit with a fine because you accidentally sent out a bunch of emails to subscribers who are no longer opted-in!
This sync helps you send out timely campaigns to interested subscribers in email marketing lists with the most up to date information.
- Serves happy marketing teams
- Fills up only 1 connection slot
- Tastes like Banana Cream pie
- Authorise your apps on the PieSync dashboard. Click here to find out how to authorize Zoho CRM.For MailChimp, you can only sync one MailChimp list per connection slot. If you want to sync more MailChimp lists, you have to create more syncs. Click here to find out how to authorize MailChimp.
MailChimp advocates using one master list, as opposed to many small lists. Read this best practices guide to find out more.
- Then it’s time to set up a two-way sync between Zoho CRM and MailChimp.
This reads that all contacts in Zoho CRM will be synced to MailChimp and all contacts in MailChimp List (List Name) will be synced to Zoho CRM. Because syncing ALL contacts between the two is usually not what we’re after, you can add some nuance to the sync.
Filter Based on Tags
You can filter contacts using Zoho CRM tags. To do this add a filter under Zoho CRM on both rules.
I have added the additional filter that the contact has the tag “Newsletter” then it will be synced to MailChimp.
If someone subscribes to the MailChimp List (via a form on your website), their information will be synced to Zoho CRM and the tag “Newsletter” will be added.
Sync based on opt-in and opt-out preferences
You can also keep your email lists sparkling clean by syncing based on your subscriber’s opt-out and opt-in preferences.
In the following example, customers who have not opted out are subscribed to a list:
- If a customer unsubscribes from your mailing list, this information gets picked up by PieSync and is reflected in Zoho CRM. Want to discover more inspiring recipes? Take a look at our PieSync Recipe Book for Marketing Teams.