Mailchimp - Your merge fields were invalid - Please enter a value
You are receiving this error because:
- You altered the default MailChimp fields.
- The fiels has been set as required in MailChimp but doesn't have a value.
1. Altering default Mailchimp fields
You have the ability to rename default fields directly in MailChimp.
These default fields will no longer sync/update after altering the correlating tags in Mailchimp.
The PieSync Health dashboard shows the following error when the NAME fields have been altered:
You can fix this by changing your fields back to the default setting:
- Go to your audience- Click on "View Contacts" > "Settings", and select "audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags" from the dropdown menu- In the column "Put this tag in your content:" change the tag back to the default values.
Change the first name field to FNAME and the last name field to LNAME (these are the default values)
Don't forget to delete your current connection and create it again.
2. Required MailChimp fields
MailChimp allows you to set certain fields are required. When our sync tries to create/update a contact without a value for a required field, it will return an error. You can solve this by:
A) no longer making the field required in Mailchimp. B) Assure that the contact in the other app has a value for this field and that field is part of the PieSync mappings.