HubSpot Marketing Contacts available in filters and mappings
Available since today, the HubSpot Marketing Hub features marketing contacts - contacts that are able to receive marketing emails and be targeted with ads. In contrast, non-marketing contacts_ cannot be marketed to... but also do not count against your contact tier.
This means that you can now, with much greater comfort, store all of your contacts data inside of HubSpot Marketing Hub.
The PieSync filters & mappings now also reflect this new feature in HubSpot.
Contacts are either one or the other: marketing or non-marketing. Through various ways you can indicate the marketing status, individually or in bulk..
As you sync HubSpot with other apps through PieSync, it could be important to get the distinction across to other systems.
The filters and mappings allow you to do exactly that. For instance:
- Only sync marketing contacts over to Mailchimp - why would you need other contacts there?
- When contacts get marked as non-marketing, highlight them in your other marketing tools such as ActiveCampaign so you can make adaptions there too
- Have non-marketing contacts behave differently in Dynamics CRM - so that it knows that these aren't normal marketing contacts
Let us know if you need any help setting this up.
Marketing = Opted in? No
A non-marketing contact is not to be confused with a contact that has opted out of marketing. If someone unsubscribed, that still makes them a marketing contact. The opt-in/opt-out is a separate property that can also be synched through PieSync.
Contacts syncing into HubSpot
By default, any contacts that are created into HubSpot through PieSync are set to non-marketing. If you want to market to contacts that PieSync pulled in, you can set them as marketing after they are created - or you can also go to your integrations settings page and flip the toggle for PieSync.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Integrations > Marketing Contacts.